~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~

Saturday, May 21, 2005

TIBBY'S DEAD!!!!

We come home tonight and found my dresser bare....the birdcage on the floor....birdseed EVERYWHERE....a couple of feathers....2 bored cats....and the birdcage is EMPTY!! No Tibby! Certain that the fuzzies have turned Tibby into a bite-sized-appetizer, Butchy scrubs out his empty home and returns it to our roommate. We then begin the sad chore of cleaning up birdseed and replacing the other items that were knocked off my dresser.....

With a sad heart, I sit in front of my computer staring at my monitor (the new-slightly-used one!) prepping myself to write Tibby's eulogy, Ode to Tibby. Before my creativity could begin warming up, I notice Tiggy (one of the bored cats) staring at something behind my head....out of the corner of my right eye I see the shadow of something larger than a moth in the corner (I have a lamp in the corner on the floor).....I whiplash my head around and lo and behold, TIBBY IS ALIVE!!! Tell me that's not a miracle! There must be a God!!! Little teeny-tiny Tibby has been out of his cage, unable to fly, stuck in a mid-sized bedroom with 2, yes TWO, cats! The reason we have Tibby is because of his flight-issues. This either means that God's eye really IS on the sparrow (Tibby is a black throated sparrow).....or we have 2 of the dumbest cats on the planet! It's probably a mixture of both. I say this cuz I do believe in God caring about sparrows and Tiggy is acting all kinds of freaked-out. I think Tibby's flutterings scared our big fat man-cat! Tibby, the teeny-tiny sparrow, is gonna start thinking he's the alpha cat if we're not careful!

We have moved his cage to where the fat-fuzzies can't reach him. He's been back in his cage now for a little over an hour....usually he's a singin' fool. Not tonight.....there hasn't been a peep out of him. Maybe he taunted the fuzzies and they "took him down." Hopefully he won't develop PTSD....we just can't afford counseling right now.


3 Comments:

Blogger Morris declared....

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

5/21/2005 11:44 AM  
Blogger Kat declared....

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

5/21/2005 8:35 PM  
Blogger Burfica declared....

I'm soooooooooo glad he's alive. I woulda choked my cat, then been sad abotu the bird and the cat. LOL

5/23/2005 10:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home






  • My Prolific Profile


  • Welcome
    http://bloohoo.blogspot.com

    Me

    I'm older than Rolling Stone magazine, younger than color television, bigger than a Xbox, smaller than a Winnebago, taller than a goat, shorter than a horse, wider than a parking meter, "narrower" than the Space Needle, serious as a heart attack, sillier than the tickles, smarter than the average bear, dumber than my Mom, prettier than dirt, "uglier" than a sunset, girlie as a pryncess, moves through crowds like a linebacker, anal as an accountant, laid-back as a slug, darker than white chocolate, lighter than butterscotch pudding, louder than a whisper, "quieter" than a fog horn
    More Me
  • Reading, Writing & Ruminations
  • Baby Pics
  • 100 Things

  • Past Thunks

    Hunny Pot

    Bloggin' Buds
    Visitors


    Marriage Equality
    I support
    ALL Americans'
    civil right to marry!


    Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

    Worthy Charities


    Beezy Stuff

    Powered by Blogger

    Get Firefox!



    Love Lives Here



    No matter who you are or where you are on life's journey, you are welcome at the United Church of Christ.

    Sadly, NBC & CBS choose not to air our ad of inclusiveness.

    View The Ad

    Take Action

    Blog

    Template by Kat
    Creative Commons License
    This work is licensed
    under a
    Creative Commons License