~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~

Thursday, April 21, 2005

Books, books, and more books

I LOVE books! Well, good books. Not just anything that calls itself a book. I have standards! We went to Value Village last night....can I just say that I LOVE THRIFT STORES???....so, walking towards VV's front door I spot the book section....I'm pretty sure it made me wet. There might have even been a little giddiness. There book section was pathetic....but, that didn't stop me from buying 5 books. VV is NOT my favorite thrift store, their furniture is dumpster-worthy and don't even get me started on their filthy disgusting bathroom! If you have to go potty while shopping at VV.....HOLD IT!!! Buy a bucket and use that....you don't wanna use VV's bathroom. I should have disenfected my ass when we got home.....

Back to books....a couple of days ago we came across a yard sale....I LOVE YARD SALES!!! Are you getting the impression that I love bargains, deals, sales, saving $? It's true! Anyway...a yard sale with books (interesting books, of course!) is enough to send me over the edge. I almost ran across the street....trust me, the richter scale would've registered it if I'd actually ran. We came home with over 20 books....I'm one very happy woman! Books are my favorite drug of choice. When I'm about to end a book and I don't have another one to start, I get grumpy and bitchy. I'm not happy to be around. Give me a good book and all is well in my world.

Don't bother telling me about the library....I'm not a library girl, I want to OWN the books I read. I'm one of those rare types that actually re-read my books. Remember: I read Lord of the Rings Trilogy 3 times in a year cuz I didn't have another good book to read! No, not 3 times in a row....there were stacks of books between each time.....

One bad thing about me is that I read fast....REALLY FAST!! So, it's hard to keep me stocked in books. Anyway, I gotta go get my butt pinched in the potty and then I'm gonna go read! YAY!!!

5 Comments:

Blogger Tricorum Satisdee declared....

I have a book fetish myself. Lucky for me, there's a used book store just a block away from our apartment, so I can go and blow money on a stackload of books, and the ones that suck can go right back to the store for credit towards more literary goodness. Because you KNOW that every now and then you think you get a good one and it turns out to be craptastic.

4/22/2005 7:05 AM  
Blogger cube declared....

Yay, a fellow bibliophile.

Don't write off libraries, though,
because its a cheap way to test whether a book deserves to be paid for..

4/22/2005 8:45 AM  
Blogger Burfica declared....

gosh I love books and I love bargains just like you.

I got about 15 of John Saul's books at a yard sale (love him)

And i cary my book around in a bag (I refuse to call that huge duffle my purse) And I take it with me everywhere.

Happy butt pinching

4/22/2005 5:16 PM  
Blogger Autumn Storm declared....

Two things that make me happy are reading and bargains, and if the two are combined, why it is almost heavenly :-)
I have moved quite a few times, and I always pack down my books and unpack them first - they let me know, I am home. Libraries do not appeal to me either - I like to own also what I read, because I do go back many times, to re-read and sometimes just to check something - I have a detailed memory in the sense, I can locate the paragraph I am looking for within seconds.

4/23/2005 12:16 AM  
Blogger Kat declared....

WOW!!! Get a load of all these fabulous comments!

4/25/2005 5:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home






  • My Prolific Profile


  • Welcome
    http://bloohoo.blogspot.com

    Me

    I'm older than Rolling Stone magazine, younger than color television, bigger than a Xbox, smaller than a Winnebago, taller than a goat, shorter than a horse, wider than a parking meter, "narrower" than the Space Needle, serious as a heart attack, sillier than the tickles, smarter than the average bear, dumber than my Mom, prettier than dirt, "uglier" than a sunset, girlie as a pryncess, moves through crowds like a linebacker, anal as an accountant, laid-back as a slug, darker than white chocolate, lighter than butterscotch pudding, louder than a whisper, "quieter" than a fog horn
    More Me
  • Reading, Writing & Ruminations
  • Baby Pics
  • 100 Things

  • Past Thunks

    Hunny Pot

    Bloggin' Buds
    Visitors


    Marriage Equality
    I support
    ALL Americans'
    civil right to marry!


    Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

    Worthy Charities


    Beezy Stuff

    Powered by Blogger

    Get Firefox!



    Love Lives Here



    No matter who you are or where you are on life's journey, you are welcome at the United Church of Christ.

    Sadly, NBC & CBS choose not to air our ad of inclusiveness.

    View The Ad

    Take Action

    Blog

    Template by Kat
    Creative Commons License
    This work is licensed
    under a
    Creative Commons License