~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~

Wednesday, June 08, 2005

Pryncess Idiot Reads the Fine Print

When I've made an error I'm the first to claim it....especially when it makes me look a little less idiotic! So here's the deal: Bausch & Lomb are idiots. On the box of their Soothing Eye Wash they have placed under Active Ingredients: Purified Water. There aren't any other ingredients listed on the box.....therefore I thought I was the gullible-est idiot on the planet and had spent $4 for 4ozs of purified water.....you remember the rant, it was the one right before this post.

So....I get bored and I start reading the bottle...all the teeny tiny print that I can only read with my glasses off and the lighting just right. Let me give you the list of expensive "contents"....that's what B & L call their ingredients.....here goes:
A sterile, buffered, isotonic aqueous solution that contains purified water,
boric acid (does that sound soothing to you??? Boric ACID???),
sodium borate and sodum chloride;
preserved with sorbic acid (MORE ACID???) and edetate disodium.
Here's my new issue with this SOOTHING eye shit......acid and sodium??? We'll first burn your eye with acid and then for shits and giggles we'll toss some salt in your eye?? I'm not off base that sodium is basically salt in some form and acid...well, acid is something we've all been taught to avoid, unless it's in our favorite soft drink, right? To someone somewhere it was a brilliant idea to put acid and sodium in an eye wash and call it soothing??? What's weirder than weird is that last night my eyes were dry and a little burny so I borrowed some of Baby Boy's eye wash and guess what? It was soothing!! How weird is that? We live in a very strange world.

6 Comments:

Blogger SeniorGato declared....

Acids are neutralized by basics like sodium, which create a fairly neutral compound. It could be PH 0,(really bad Acid) or PH 14, (really painful base). but those things mixed together probably create something around 7(just right).
I know I know... You don't need a chemestry lesson, but it's good to know in case you ever drive through a chemical spill... :)

6/08/2005 11:23 PM  
Blogger golfwidow declared....

There's sodium in tears, don't forget.

6/09/2005 3:34 AM  
Blogger Kim declared....

I never learned to put drops of ANYTHING in my eyes, so I can't relate. As for sodium, unless it's attached to a pretzel, I'm not messing with it.

6/09/2005 7:55 AM  
Blogger Burfica declared....

my eyes are burning and watering just thinking about it lol

6/09/2005 9:22 AM  
Blogger MoMo declared....

My wife had some kind of stye recently and insisted on going to the pharmacy to get boric acid to put on it, like her Mom woulda told her. I told her she was crazy - but at least to ask the pharmacist first. He said "sure, just make sure you don't get it in your eye." Huh?

Actually it worked real well - but as for putting it in an eye-wash?

6/09/2005 2:25 PM  
Blogger Crystie declared....

Those are the main ingredients of just about ALL contact lens solutions. I use it everyday, it doesnt hurt the eye at all. But using someone elses eyewash/drops/etc. could possibly cause someone to transfer an infection.

6/10/2005 4:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home






  • My Prolific Profile


  • Welcome
    http://bloohoo.blogspot.com

    Me

    I'm older than Rolling Stone magazine, younger than color television, bigger than a Xbox, smaller than a Winnebago, taller than a goat, shorter than a horse, wider than a parking meter, "narrower" than the Space Needle, serious as a heart attack, sillier than the tickles, smarter than the average bear, dumber than my Mom, prettier than dirt, "uglier" than a sunset, girlie as a pryncess, moves through crowds like a linebacker, anal as an accountant, laid-back as a slug, darker than white chocolate, lighter than butterscotch pudding, louder than a whisper, "quieter" than a fog horn
    More Me
  • Reading, Writing & Ruminations
  • Baby Pics
  • 100 Things

  • Past Thunks

    Hunny Pot

    Bloggin' Buds
    Visitors


    Marriage Equality
    I support
    ALL Americans'
    civil right to marry!


    Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

    Worthy Charities


    Beezy Stuff

    Powered by Blogger

    Get Firefox!



    Love Lives Here



    No matter who you are or where you are on life's journey, you are welcome at the United Church of Christ.

    Sadly, NBC & CBS choose not to air our ad of inclusiveness.

    View The Ad

    Take Action

    Blog

    Template by Kat
    Creative Commons License
    This work is licensed
    under a
    Creative Commons License