~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~

Saturday, June 04, 2005

Blog-jogged

I've spent a large amount of time today reading the blogs of everyone who comments on mine......I had some catching up to do, not like I get an over abundance of comments. The comments I do get, I truly appreciate and enjoy...truly. Well, unless you're mean then I truly enjoy deleting your comment...truly.

Reading other blogs tends to jog a lot of memories for me....from now on I'll be referring to this phenomenon as a blog-jog. (It is now impossible for me to hear the word phenomenon and not think of the Diet Cherry Vanilla Dr. Pepper commercial....menamana...doot doot doo doo doo....phenomenon...doot doot doo doo doot)

Juno is now one of my favorite bloggers.....she has a sense of humor very similar to mine, consider yourself warned. Today's blog-jog.....feel free to use my new term, I'm not selfish.....anyway....blog-jog...today....Juno posted about a conversation she had with her husband. Something about her changing her first name to an Indian name. By Indian she didn't mean the country of India....just the word we used to use for Native Americans and I still use it, cuz I'm old, cranky and don't care. I still use queer, fag & homo, too....especially when talking about myself or some of my favorite fags, queers &/or homos! The point to all this? Yes, actually there is a point. It blog-jogged a memory of a conversation I had with my Mom many moons ago. (did ya get the Indian phraseology? I know...I'm good!)

In the middle of the night I made the mistake of getting up to go potty. My Mom....who makes a regular habit of getting up to go potty at ungodly hours and then has the incredibly bad habit of not going back to bed....heard me moving around and when I left the potty she followed me back to my room. We snuggled down into my still warm blankets and began talking about what our names would be if we were Indians. We didn't stop with just our own names.....Mom was She Who Love Puffs Often (Her "tummy problems" will be covered in a future post. For now I'll just let you know that Love Puffs are her way to say FARTS.)....I can't remember mine...probably something about my fear of having split ends.....Mom loves standing behind me in a line and making comments about all my split ends, really funny Mom....just remember who will be wiping your butt when you're old and senile! My name could have had something to do with peeing myself when I laugh....She Who Pees With Laughter....yeah, that would be me!

Back to names: As I said, we didn't stop at our own....we came up with names for ALL of our relatives. Dad was He Who Growls, Bubba....hmmm....can't remember my brother's...might have had something to do with his being an artist....He Who Draws With Sticks & Buffalo Poo.....cousin Timmy was He Who Farts Loud & Often (....like Mom can talk!). We were laughing so hard that we woke my Dad up....true to form, he came in and growled at us...that only made us laugh harder. He wasn't enjoying our middle of the night merriment. Odd.

We never did go back to sleep......throughout the day we'd come up with names for friends, neighbors and even celebrities. We finally had to stop cuz I had gone through 3 pairs of undies laughing so hard.....Thanks for the blog-jog Running Fart!

6 Comments:

Blogger Unknown declared....

Thinking of JUNO....just takes me back to the free email client from years ago...

6/04/2005 8:21 PM  
Blogger golfwidow declared....

Once I was IMing with one of my virtual sistas and she looked out her window to see that there was a buck mounting a doe in plain view on her front lawn.

We immediately decided that "Two Deer F*cking" would be the ultimate tribal name.

6/05/2005 4:49 AM  
Blogger Le laquet declared....

I'm supposed to say "Nice post" from The Complimenting Commenter - but *sod that!* - I love your blog and I'll be back - in a non-Arnie kind of way! :0)

6/05/2005 7:33 AM  
Blogger Matt the Hat declared....

There is the Terry Prattchitt tail of how One Man Bucket got his name... it also metions his less fortunate brother Two Dogs...

6/05/2005 12:25 PM  
Blogger profmarcus declared....

cute blog... fun to read...

6/05/2005 1:31 PM  
Blogger Jenn declared....

Easy on the Diet Cherry Vanilla Dr Pepper, as I am addicted to the stuff and OUT! SOooo Jonesing for one!

xoxo
Squeeze Me Jiggle Buns

6/05/2005 7:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home






  • My Prolific Profile


  • Welcome
    http://bloohoo.blogspot.com

    Me

    I'm older than Rolling Stone magazine, younger than color television, bigger than a Xbox, smaller than a Winnebago, taller than a goat, shorter than a horse, wider than a parking meter, "narrower" than the Space Needle, serious as a heart attack, sillier than the tickles, smarter than the average bear, dumber than my Mom, prettier than dirt, "uglier" than a sunset, girlie as a pryncess, moves through crowds like a linebacker, anal as an accountant, laid-back as a slug, darker than white chocolate, lighter than butterscotch pudding, louder than a whisper, "quieter" than a fog horn
    More Me
  • Reading, Writing & Ruminations
  • Baby Pics
  • 100 Things

  • Past Thunks

    Hunny Pot

    Bloggin' Buds
    Visitors


    Marriage Equality
    I support
    ALL Americans'
    civil right to marry!


    Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

    Worthy Charities


    Beezy Stuff

    Powered by Blogger

    Get Firefox!



    Love Lives Here



    No matter who you are or where you are on life's journey, you are welcome at the United Church of Christ.

    Sadly, NBC & CBS choose not to air our ad of inclusiveness.

    View The Ad

    Take Action

    Blog

    Template by Kat
    Creative Commons License
    This work is licensed
    under a
    Creative Commons License