~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~

Friday, June 24, 2005

Crock*Pot Pot Roast


I'm so excited I could explode! I'm loving this new feature on Blogger. Not having to use Hello/Picasa anymore to upload pics will save me oodles of time. Not that I'm really short on time, but more time to eat chocolate and come up with quirky posts...I'm all for that!

Yesterday I made a pot roast in my Crock*Pot. I'm more used to whipping up pot roast and all the fixin's in my pressure cooker....with that in storage I was left to the ol' Crock*Pot. I was curious to see if there would be a noticeable difference in flavor between the 2.

After 10 hours on low the roast was close to falling apart and the veggies were still very firm....firm, as in uncooked. So, the meat stayed in the C*P and the veggies headed for the microwave. The 'tatoes went in first for 15 mins...the carrots followed shortly with about the same amount of time.

We made up a plate of meat scraps for BB....kept him out of our plates! We don't feed our babies "people food." But, after spending the day smelling the pot roast BB was ready to climb the walls. We put his dinner on his plate that we use for his wet food.....maybe he'll learn the difference between his plate and Mama's.

Dinner was a success! I was surprised that I didn't notice ANY difference between the C*P and the pressure cooker, as far as flavor goes. As for time....I'm sticking with my pressure cooker! 2 hrs with everything cooked, tender and beyond delicious vs 10 hours and then additional cooking times in the microwave.

Butchy doesn't agree with me. She said the flavors were "richer" with the C*P roast. It's been awhile since I've made a pressure cooker roast, she said her memory may not be that fresh. When we get our stuff out of storage I'll have to do a C*P/PC cook off.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home






  • My Prolific Profile


  • Welcome
    http://bloohoo.blogspot.com

    Me

    I'm older than Rolling Stone magazine, younger than color television, bigger than a Xbox, smaller than a Winnebago, taller than a goat, shorter than a horse, wider than a parking meter, "narrower" than the Space Needle, serious as a heart attack, sillier than the tickles, smarter than the average bear, dumber than my Mom, prettier than dirt, "uglier" than a sunset, girlie as a pryncess, moves through crowds like a linebacker, anal as an accountant, laid-back as a slug, darker than white chocolate, lighter than butterscotch pudding, louder than a whisper, "quieter" than a fog horn
    More Me
  • Reading, Writing & Ruminations
  • Baby Pics
  • 100 Things

  • Past Thunks

    Hunny Pot

    Bloggin' Buds
    Visitors


    Marriage Equality
    I support
    ALL Americans'
    civil right to marry!


    Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

    Worthy Charities


    Beezy Stuff

    Powered by Blogger

    Get Firefox!



    Love Lives Here



    No matter who you are or where you are on life's journey, you are welcome at the United Church of Christ.

    Sadly, NBC & CBS choose not to air our ad of inclusiveness.

    View The Ad

    Take Action

    Blog

    Template by Kat
    Creative Commons License
    This work is licensed
    under a
    Creative Commons License