~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~

Friday, February 11, 2005

Newly Improved Commercials

Let me just say right up front that I'm a flippin' genius! It's true, I am. Why I'm not working in the advertising field is beyond me. Maybe it's because I'm too good. More than likely it's because I've never applied for a job.
Countless times I have watched commercials and have found myself feeling disgusted. It is so obvious *to me anyway* that the commercial could be sooooo much better if they had only done such and such......ie: Blockbuster is running a campaign about their DVD by mail service. In one there is a husband saying he's gonna go and get a Blockbuster movie. He hops in his car and drives to his mailbox, which is at the end of his short driveway. That commercial would have been soooo much better if the guy had come into the room in sweats carrying barbells and he had made a comment about running to Blockbuster for a movie and then jogged to the end of his driveway. It would have been funny if he had gotten to the mailbox and was gasping and panting for air and after getting the DVD out of the mailbox walked slowly back up to the house. See??? Now that would be a great commercial!
This happens to me all the time.....commercials, TV shows, movies, books....the writers just don't think outside the box. I'm constantly coming up with better endings or a better use of the talent......bottom line is: I can make it all better!
Well, not all of it....that commercial that Anheuser Busch had during the Super Bowl where the GI's are walking through the airport and people stand and start clapping for them....that was perfection. When I see a commercial that is so perfect it gives me goose bumps on my goose bumps. That will tear me up faster than the subject matter!
Ok, I'm done patting myself on the back now. My arm is getting sore!
Oh, if only I can use my powers for good, rather than for evil!

1 Comments:

Blogger (S)wine declared....

Nah, I disagree. The guy getting into his car is better. It speaks to this whole "Americans are lazy and always use their car" issue.

2/11/2005 7:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home






  • My Prolific Profile


  • Welcome
    http://bloohoo.blogspot.com

    Me

    I'm older than Rolling Stone magazine, younger than color television, bigger than a Xbox, smaller than a Winnebago, taller than a goat, shorter than a horse, wider than a parking meter, "narrower" than the Space Needle, serious as a heart attack, sillier than the tickles, smarter than the average bear, dumber than my Mom, prettier than dirt, "uglier" than a sunset, girlie as a pryncess, moves through crowds like a linebacker, anal as an accountant, laid-back as a slug, darker than white chocolate, lighter than butterscotch pudding, louder than a whisper, "quieter" than a fog horn
    More Me
  • Reading, Writing & Ruminations
  • Baby Pics
  • 100 Things

  • Past Thunks

    Hunny Pot

    Bloggin' Buds
    Visitors


    Marriage Equality
    I support
    ALL Americans'
    civil right to marry!


    Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

    Worthy Charities


    Beezy Stuff

    Powered by Blogger

    Get Firefox!



    Love Lives Here



    No matter who you are or where you are on life's journey, you are welcome at the United Church of Christ.

    Sadly, NBC & CBS choose not to air our ad of inclusiveness.

    View The Ad

    Take Action

    Blog

    Template by Kat
    Creative Commons License
    This work is licensed
    under a
    Creative Commons License