~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~

Wednesday, February 23, 2005

Christians, where's the love?

As stated in a previous post I was raised by fundamentalists. Basically my parents believe that if the Bible says it, that settles it. Unless, of course, it was something cultural or was B.C. (before Christ). I didn't have hair down to my ankles or have to wear dresses all the time, those were classified as cultural. As I've matured (aged sounds so....well...ancient) I've come to realize that there are a large number of deluded people in our country that call themselves Christians. Why do I say they are deluded? Well, cuz they are! Here's my thoughts on this: Christian means: one who professes belief in the teachings of Jesus Christ. Having been raised in a Christian home and attending Christian schools and even attending a Christian college I have been given the gift of quite a bit of Biblical knowledge. In the course of my studies I came to discover that the teachings of Christ were all about love. That is the foundation of Christ's teachings....He was all about love. He IS love.

Do you see where I'm going with this? When we hear those infamous conservatives that have overtaken our government spewing their "Jesus Juice" all I find myself thinking is, "Where's the love?" I firmly believe in boundaries, laws, etc. But...and this is one heckuva big ass B U T.....the spiel that fundy's give about "love the sinner, but hate the sin" is a whole load of bull poop. Show me the love, then I'll be willing to listen to your silly asinine opinions. It's pretty clear that the right-wingers do not love gays. Yet they are wanting to reach gays for Christ. Would you want a Christ that is judgemental? Discriminating? Violent? Hate-filled? No? Really? How odd. That's the Christ that the right-wingers are selling. Maybe it's not so odd that gays aren't buying. Where's the love?

People don't care how much you know, until they know how much you care.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home






  • My Prolific Profile


  • Welcome
    http://bloohoo.blogspot.com

    Me

    I'm older than Rolling Stone magazine, younger than color television, bigger than a Xbox, smaller than a Winnebago, taller than a goat, shorter than a horse, wider than a parking meter, "narrower" than the Space Needle, serious as a heart attack, sillier than the tickles, smarter than the average bear, dumber than my Mom, prettier than dirt, "uglier" than a sunset, girlie as a pryncess, moves through crowds like a linebacker, anal as an accountant, laid-back as a slug, darker than white chocolate, lighter than butterscotch pudding, louder than a whisper, "quieter" than a fog horn
    More Me
  • Reading, Writing & Ruminations
  • Baby Pics
  • 100 Things

  • Past Thunks

    Hunny Pot

    Bloggin' Buds
    Visitors


    Marriage Equality
    I support
    ALL Americans'
    civil right to marry!


    Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

    Worthy Charities


    Beezy Stuff

    Powered by Blogger

    Get Firefox!



    Love Lives Here



    No matter who you are or where you are on life's journey, you are welcome at the United Church of Christ.

    Sadly, NBC & CBS choose not to air our ad of inclusiveness.

    View The Ad

    Take Action

    Blog

    Template by Kat
    Creative Commons License
    This work is licensed
    under a
    Creative Commons License