~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~

Wednesday, August 03, 2005

Rantin' & Ravin'

I'm seriously irked. Not the kind of irked that is going to cause an ulcer or find me "going postal." Irked as in "what is this poop?!?"

What's this all about? Lord of the Rings. That's right, LotR. The supposedly greatest movies in decades....what a load of hablooey!

After watching the first movie recently (on DVD) I was mildly impressed...I knew they would have to remove some of the storyline in the book, do some condensing and such....the first movie was pretty good. (I did miss Tom Bombadil, though.) The scenery, costumes, landscapes....all were incredible. The accents were hilarious....and who would have ever thought that Strider/Aragorn would have a nasal voice? Viggo looks the part, just don't let him open his mouth!

My mistake is that I've actually read the books....3 times! I'm pretty sure that whomever it is that wrote the screenplay read the cliff notes of the books and didn't actually read the books themselves. That's the only explanation I can come up with.

So, Fellowship of the Ring was pretty good.....Two Towers? SUCKED!!! They threw in shit that isn't in the book and threw out good shit that was! What the heck? They even changed the storyline! Frodo & Sam going to Gondor with Faramir? NEVER HAPPENED!! I'm starting to sound like those freaks that I make fun of. You know, the kind that dress up in costumes and go to conventions playing with light sabres....or their "beam me up" boxes....

I'm debating whether or not I'm going to watch The Return of the King.....that nasal whiney voice does a great job mimicking nails on a blackboard....if only he could just whisper or sign his lines.

I now feel the need to read the trilogy a 4th time just to wash the crap out of my head. I think I will watch the 3rd installment.....just so I can know what happened to the car after it got plowed into by the speeding train.

3 Comments:

Blogger Beth declared....

Dang. Does this mean I should read the books instead of trusting the movie? Because I got drug to the movie by an old boyfriend, and was interested enough in the first one to see the rest, but then ended up "ho-humming" about them. Hmmm...I'm usually a book worm anyway, but gave up on the idea of those because I didn't like them after movie #1.

8/03/2005 7:26 PM  
Blogger MoMo declared....

I never read the books. That said, try the third movie (see - I don't even know the title!) - I thought it was waaaay the best, lotsa fun.

8/03/2005 10:23 PM  
Blogger Tricorum Satisdee declared....

The hub-unit rented the third movie, and since I was not interested, I read a book. Unfortunately, I kept asking what the hell was going on every time i looked up, and his explanations were so long I just agreed to watch all three. FROM THE BEGINNING. So, ten hours later, I still thought they weren't really for me, but at least I watched all of them. The best thing for your mental health would be to watch the third one and just get it over with. Seriously. Just do it and then go read the Hobbit, which they have yet to make a movie of starring wide-eyed little actor-boys.

8/04/2005 7:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home






  • My Prolific Profile


  • Welcome
    http://bloohoo.blogspot.com

    Me

    I'm older than Rolling Stone magazine, younger than color television, bigger than a Xbox, smaller than a Winnebago, taller than a goat, shorter than a horse, wider than a parking meter, "narrower" than the Space Needle, serious as a heart attack, sillier than the tickles, smarter than the average bear, dumber than my Mom, prettier than dirt, "uglier" than a sunset, girlie as a pryncess, moves through crowds like a linebacker, anal as an accountant, laid-back as a slug, darker than white chocolate, lighter than butterscotch pudding, louder than a whisper, "quieter" than a fog horn
    More Me
  • Reading, Writing & Ruminations
  • Baby Pics
  • 100 Things

  • Past Thunks

    Hunny Pot

    Bloggin' Buds
    Visitors


    Marriage Equality
    I support
    ALL Americans'
    civil right to marry!


    Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

    Worthy Charities


    Beezy Stuff

    Powered by Blogger

    Get Firefox!



    Love Lives Here



    No matter who you are or where you are on life's journey, you are welcome at the United Church of Christ.

    Sadly, NBC & CBS choose not to air our ad of inclusiveness.

    View The Ad

    Take Action

    Blog

    Template by Kat
    Creative Commons License
    This work is licensed
    under a
    Creative Commons License