~!~!~!~!~!~!~!~

Friday, March 11, 2005

Say What?!?!?!?!

In the eyes of someone struck with the icky-tummy flu bug Dawn's post came across as an ad for either condoms or good parenting skills. Here's her actual post:


An Ounce of Prevention....

Teeth are such an important part of our lives, and neglecting them makes life soo much worse, both financially and personally. I got the opportunity this week to shine the light on this area of my life that needs correcting.

Ok, now go back and read it again....only this time substitute the word 'Teeth' with 'Teen.' Isn't it odd how it still makes sense? It also adds a little humor. (Click on the post to read it in its' entirety)

It is amazing how our minds can read something totally different than what our eyes are seeing. Kind of like when our mouths are saying one thing and our minds are thinking something completely different. Don't even try to persuade me that this has never happened to you!! I know better than that!

All this reminds me of an email I received. At first glance it looks like gobbledy-gook (It's a good thing I am fluent in gobbledy-gook.). But, our minds, being the incomprehensible wastelands that they are can actually read this gobbledy-gook and translate it into English (which I'm also fluent in!).

I cdnuolt blveiee taht I cluod aulaclty uesdnatnrd waht I was rdanieg. The phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid

Aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in
waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoatnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthint a porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Amzanig huh? Yaeh and I awlyas thought slpeling was ipmorantt.

1 Comments:

Blogger Dawn declared....

That was funny...removing the teeth and putting in "teen" does make complete sense too, and I most definitely have doen that myself with other words..you can almost fit any word in there.

3/12/2005 10:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home






  • My Prolific Profile


  • Welcome
    http://bloohoo.blogspot.com

    Me

    I'm older than Rolling Stone magazine, younger than color television, bigger than a Xbox, smaller than a Winnebago, taller than a goat, shorter than a horse, wider than a parking meter, "narrower" than the Space Needle, serious as a heart attack, sillier than the tickles, smarter than the average bear, dumber than my Mom, prettier than dirt, "uglier" than a sunset, girlie as a pryncess, moves through crowds like a linebacker, anal as an accountant, laid-back as a slug, darker than white chocolate, lighter than butterscotch pudding, louder than a whisper, "quieter" than a fog horn
    More Me
  • Reading, Writing & Ruminations
  • Baby Pics
  • 100 Things

  • Past Thunks

    Hunny Pot

    Bloggin' Buds
    Visitors


    Marriage Equality
    I support
    ALL Americans'
    civil right to marry!


    Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

    Worthy Charities


    Beezy Stuff

    Powered by Blogger

    Get Firefox!



    Love Lives Here



    No matter who you are or where you are on life's journey, you are welcome at the United Church of Christ.

    Sadly, NBC & CBS choose not to air our ad of inclusiveness.

    View The Ad

    Take Action

    Blog

    Template by Kat
    Creative Commons License
    This work is licensed
    under a
    Creative Commons License